History of the property surroundings.
The BIG STONE « on the border of the exploitation road »
The Big Stone « a Megalith » did its first appearance on march
the sixth , 1880. « Lithic» material was discoverd in the same
area. Further to these discoveries, followed a serie of excavations. The standing
stone, the BIG STONE, was still intact during the first half of the 19th century.
The Megalith, placed in the middle of a plot, was a bother for the farm work.
Towards 1850, Mister PAGE, the property owner then, tried to move it. While
he was attempting to move it with cords and an ox, the tip of the standing
stone broke. Mister DALEAU attracted by the study of the place's name came
to the FASSIER and met anold man who told him that in 1865, the Big Stone
group was composed of three blocs, the largest was laying down, was covered
up with earth. After that, the standing stone was said to be a bit every where.
It's location seem to put down quite a few problems "Vanished ?"...
A stone freed recently "1970" was placed on the side of the road,
and was consired as being part of the monument. Despite, mister DEVIGNES put
foward some serious doubts on the authenticity of this stone. Some "Lithic
furniture" was found and freed at the "Big Stone", some of
which in a plot next to the standing stone. The inventory puts foward some
neolithic material, such as a polished axe made entirely with flint.
The BOURG DE LAFOSSE « on 750 Meters of the exploitation »
During the Classic middle Ages the " Bourg de Lafosse" was equipped
with an edifice. The Augustin's abbey St Vincent de Bourg's prior. A roman
based edifice kept in the big lines. Originally, the construction of the nave
was a unic frame. The structure of the nave will allow to consider a first
edifice during the 11th century. The walls, too high, will need the addition
of flat foothills. In the 12th century, the oriental side of the church will
be rebuilt, and at the choir of the edifice will be built a one storey high
square churhc tower, strongly influenced by the "Saintongeaise"
architecture. This edifice has a disturbing similarity with the one in Saint
Girond de Bourg, which leaves us believe that they belong to the same building
campaingn launched by the Saint Vincent abbey. Several monolithical sarcophagus
appeared around the church.